UPDATED-Monday, August 3, 2020
For the protection of all the players, fans, coaches and complex staff, we have instituted some guidelines that we hope, under the circumstances, everyone will respect and follow. SOSA is an OK Kids affiliate and will follow the direction of OK Kids Baseball. Full Guidelines for the 2020 OK Kids Baseball Association Season can be found at www.okkidsbaseball.org. Below are the guidelines that have been implemented for proceeding with the 2020 SOSA baseball season:
- All CDC and local guidelines shall be followed.
- All fans, players and coaches shall always attempt social distancing. Since seating will be limited in bleachers, we encourage fans to bring their lawn chairs.
- Any person who may be experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills and sore throat are prohibited from entering the baseball complex. Please cover all coughs and sneezes.
- All children must always be accompanied with an adult.
- Wash and sanitize hands as much as possible. Sanitizer stations will be available throughout park.
- We will minimize player contact by eliminating post game handshakes or high fives. No group prayers between teams on the field.
- Each team will need to provide balls for their team to pitch and field.
- Pre-game meeting at home plate shall be limited to one coach from each team and the umpire.
- Limit the number of people in dugout by allowing only essential team personnel only.
- Bleachers and dugouts will be cleaned between games. We ask that you please pick up and throw your trash away.
- The use of team water coolers will be prohibited. Each player will be requires to have a personal water bottle.
- Sunflower seeds will be banned from the ballpark.
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes will be available.
- Players, coaches and umpires are allowed to wear personal protective equipment, such as masks if desired.
- We will adjust playing times to allow more time between games in order to reduce the number of people at a facility at one time.
- We ask that you arrive just before your teams time to play and leave immediately following the completion of the game.
- The sharing of equipment between players is highly discouraged.
- New entrance and exit procedures will be established
- New concession stand procedures will be established; only packaged items will be sold.
- Signage will be displayed to promote social distancing and healthy practices.
- Patrons assume all risk entering facility.
In closing, please remember that state and local guidelines will determine any changes we may encounter throughout the season.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach the contact for your age division which can be found under League Contacts.